FORD GRANADA MK2 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround Empty Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround

Post  AlanN Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 am

Im looking for a overhead counsul warning lamp cluster, can anyone help
Many thnaks
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround KGrHqFqsE88gcGqvoBPfMwMtpu60_12

Last edited by AlanN on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround Empty Re: Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround

Post  AlanN Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorted now thanks,
but I am now looing for a dash facia panel, prefrable an old broken one as I only want the area around the oil/amp meter
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround Empty Re: Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround

Post  Admin Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Should be plenty of those about Alan

Admin
Admin

https://fordgranadamk2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Ive seen 2 wood effect ones, but i dont want to cut up a perfectly good surround, a black one would be good, a broken one be better, I wouldnt feel so guilty. PLus I dont to pay loads of money on one to chop up
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:13 pm

The Black ones are more scarce and they did not have an ammeter or oil guage fitted as they were only fitted in the L models and limos/hearses, the wood effect ones all had them, you could always spray a wood effect one Black

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 am

Do you know of any cheap, I couldnt bring myself to cut up a new one listed a little while back
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 pm

I had loads back in the day but slung them out cos nobody wanted them, you do know the fascia and the ammeter/oil pressure cluster are 2 seperate parts, have you tried the banger boys over your way?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Ive got a pair of clocks on their way, just need the facia now to fit in my SVO dash pod
Got the speedo cluster mounted and working last weekend, but the speedo jumps a fair bit, which is really anoying, put some oil down the cable, but no change... fitted white LED bulbs in, its a tad too bright now, but much better then that dull green.
[img]Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0058[/img]
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 am

Forgot to say that I dont know any banger racers around here, Ive just had a look on ebay for surround, but theres only one on there and he won't post Sad
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Those clocks look the dogs in there Alan, i notice you even have the correct "injection" clocks Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:59 am

thought they looked better, but i thought they where early and late types... learn something everyday.
Theres so much Granada in the van now, that I think Im going to give it a new name...
...like Transnada, or Gransit Laughing
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Early types were where the rev counter sits at 8 o.clock at rest instead of 5 o.clock like the later one's which is what you have, injection rev counter the Red area starts at 6k revs like yours, carb rev counters the Red area is bigger starting at 5,750 revs

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Alan if you want more Granada bits in your van there are quite a few bits that should fit, how about a set of Granny sport Recaros? would look the dogs in your van, the overhead console is a good idea, i have a housing somewhere for models without sunroof which would be perfect for a Transit, if you decide to go for the overhead warning lights i can help you with the wiring as i fitted them to a base model Granada which did not have them Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Overhead console! I didn't think of that, as Ive only ever seen the one with the sunroof winder, so I just dismissed it, have you got any pics?

Ive only brought the display panel and was going to fit it in the bottom of the dash, still waiting for it to arrive to Rolling Eyes but if the console would shape to the Transit roof, I like the idea.
Trying to keep this in budget, with the clocks, gauges etc. and I'm still looking for the surround, its now starting to top up Rolling Eyes starting to be a bigger job than anticipated, with the pod etc. Laughing
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 pm

I'll have a look for it tomorrow, they are quite rare as they were only fitted to the LX model which had the warning lights but no sunroof, it has the map lights like all the others but no sunroof winder or switch, if you can fit it to your Tranny it would free up space on your dash Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Yes, could be interested Wink
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:12 pm

This is it Alan, they are made of hard rubber so it could be cut and shaped to fit your Transit Very Happy

Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround 001-9

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 pm

I like the look of that, what goes where, 2 round holes are for map lights, the angled one is for the warning lamps, whats the middle one for. Its a matter of find the lamps too. let me know how much you want by PM
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 pm

I do have the lights for it i will have to dig them out, yes the 2 round holes are for the map lights (same lights were used as step lights in Transit Tourneos and Executives), the long hole is for the interior light and the angled one for the warning lights, as for price not sure what they are worth, make me an offer plus post Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Fri May 04, 2012 5:46 am

Warning lamp arrived the other day, not sure what I can use the other lamps for!!! Oil level maybe could be put to use, along with the wash bottle. Bidding on a dash surround, for the pod clocks.

Yes still interested in the roof console, I'll send you a PM Wink
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Alan, you have a Granada engine in your van, oil level is monitored by an electric dipstick (dipstick with 2 wires coming out of top) plenty still to be found, screenwash and header tank senders are in the bottles, use the Granny ones or adapt them to fit the Tranny ones, low fuel light again adapt a Granny sender to fit Tranny tank or use a Granny tank, brake pad sensors i think would be the hardest but i'm sure it could be done Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Sat May 05, 2012 3:34 am

Yes, V6 2.8i C3 Auto with prop, but I'm going to change the box to a A4LD 4 speed with a Sierra XR bell housing and Transit gearbox & prop as it bolts together with no mods. Central locking, electric windows are Granada too and now the dash electrics Very Happy
Problem is you don't see Granada's in the breakers nowadays, so its had to find all these bits, I often see parts for sale on ebay, but they want too much for it and I notice they don't sell.
I think your right about the pads, I'd have to convert to MK5 transit vented disks, hubs etc. and the tyres would stick out too far on the front.

Just a matter of finding the bits at the right price, I keep spending 10 - 20 quid on little bits and it really tots up... Just doing the dash and pod has cost £90 in parts and its not finished yet Sad
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Looking forward to its arrival, dash is in and all working, nothing screwed back yet, managed to pick up an old dash surround last weekend and the hacksaw has already been out Embarassed but Im hoping the get the oil/amp gauges into the dash pod over the weekend, along with the electric window buttons.
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0058
Plus I converted all the bulbs to LED
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0059
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 pm

There you go Trigger, heres the pictures I forgot to post... Still got to run all the wiring yet
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0067
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0069
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0073
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanN Thu May 24, 2012 11:08 am

Cut some textured plastic sheet to size and mounted the Granada MK2 oil pressure and amp meter clocks in, along with the electric windows switches, just to find they arent compatable with the current Granada plug electrics Rolling Eyes Got the Ampere gauge wired up and some more LED back lighting in. With this sudden hot weather, I painted the dash surround and the pod infil panel satin black.
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0082
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0081
Sadly, I had to chop up a Granada dash facia just to get the bits I wanted, but I wanted the dials to match the fuel/temp ones
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0068
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0083
Overhead Warning Cluster & Dash Surround DSCF0095
AlanN
AlanN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next