FORD GRANADA MK2 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for RHD steering bits

2 posters

Go down

Looking for RHD steering bits Empty Looking for RHD steering bits

Post  Dave Burden Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:07 pm

I've done a little research, which may be my undoing, on converting a US spec 1991 Mustang from LHD to RHD and apparently we can use MK2 Granada parts to do it. All I really need are the mechanical parts since this is a race car (of sorts). Before I get a friend to find me the parts, I'd like to see if the steering rack and column really fit into the Mustang. Does someone have a steering rack hanging around that they could measure for me? It looks like the body of the Mustang rack is 22" long with each tie rod approximately 14.5" long when it's centered. We can get into mounting flanges and stuff later.

The goal is to create a RHD 1991 Mustang, powered by a 1978 Nissan 280Z engine and tranny. We need to figure out the steering conversion before we get to the engine swap.

Thanks for any help with this,
Dave

Dave Burden

Back to top Go down

Looking for RHD steering bits Empty Re: Looking for RHD steering bits

Post  Admin Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Sounds like an interesting conversion, i don't have a steering rack kicking about i'm afraid, best bet is try one of the banger race forums such as Ovalchat and ask on there, chances are somebody on there may have the bits you need as well

Admin
Admin

https://fordgranadamk2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down