FORD GRANADA MK2 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member saying hello

2 posters

Go down

New member saying hello Empty New member saying hello

Post  Brendan Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi all you Granada owners out there. After a 10 year absence due to ill health ive decided to return to this world of fords!!!

I was an original and long standing member of the 1990 formed Granada Enthusiasts club which was founded by the late Peter Gupwell from Birmingham. Ive owned 4 mark 2's in total consisting of a 82-X 2.0L facelift in white, a 81-X 2.8 GL pre-facelift in Blue over silver, a 85-B 2.3LX facelift and my pride and joy which i found in Germany a 85-MY 2.8 RS Special limited edition german model RHD ( only one) and was one of 7 ever made. I showed this car for many years and won many concours awards with her. She was sadly sold when i was taken seriously ill in 1999 to a fellow club member in Colchester area. Ive never seen the car since and have no idea as to weather it is still in existance either. I used to go to Billing each year for the main all Granada's togeather shows and also to some others too. It was a fantastic time and i just love Granada's.

Since my MK 2 days ive also owned a concours Scorpio 24v Cosworth 1994 run out shape in hatchback form. This again won many awards at ford fair shows for many years. I bought it as it was automatic and easy to drive as i lost the use of my clutch leg for years which is why the RS was sold. The Scorpio was sold 6 years ago to another enthusiast in Berwick-upon tweed and as far as i know he still has her. Along came my classic concours Daimler Jaguar which again i showed in the J.E.C and has now been sold to make way for my next wish car.

My 2 brothers have also owned Granada's MK 2's also, 1 was an ex police 2.8iL saloon. A134NBW and he aquired it direct from the Midlands trafic dept on decommisioning. It was MINT and very very fast with a 4 speed manual box and flashing fog lamps front and rear still fitted. Never pranged in its life either. It had standard L-LX blue cloth trim with electric front windows, boot release switch and central locking. He had it for 4 years then sold it on.

My other brother had a 1982-X reg ex ford directors company car 2.8i Ghia X in Forest green metalic with green chatsworth trim with correct TRX alloys, S-pack suspension, ford towbar, and front and rear spoilers. Its was a mint car and cruised along effortlessly. Sadly it rotted at the passenger bulk head and the floor well used to fill up with water so he sold it on for a BMW ( Idiot)!!!.

Im now looking for a MINT and i mean MINT 2.8i Ghia X Executive saloon!!, preferbly as late as possible C or D reg, they do exist!!! but very very rare indeed. I want concours if its about and for sale. It has to have low milage and F.S.History and i mean F.S.History. Nothing but the very best will do and im not fussy about colour either. It has to be 100% complete and authentic please so if anybody out there wants to pass on their MINT as above car then please get in touch with me ASAP to discuss. I will pay good cash for the right car but please no dreamers or rubbish. I cannot emphasise the importance of the word MINT/concours and original.

I look forward to hearing from any genuine sellers. I know these cars inside out and i know what they go for also. Kind regards to you all. Brendan, Swindon.07779950808

Brendan

Back to top Go down

New member saying hello Empty Re: New member saying hello

Post  Admin Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Brendan, welcome to the forum, you certainly know your Grannies, if you are looking for a mint one have you seen that Black Ghia x on ebay currently at 3k? might be what you're looking for, will you be attending this years "all Granadas together"? it's at Wicksteed park this year being organised by the Granada guild, i have owned many Granadas myself my current one being the Red special in the header pic which has a 24v cossie sitting under the hood Very Happy i used to be a member of the old enthusiasts club before it was wound up by Mahommad Shafty Mad Mad Mad

Admin
Admin

https://fordgranadamk2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New member saying hello Empty Re: welcome

Post  Brendan Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:26 am

Hi mate, please let me know exactly where the location is and i will try and be there. The black one on ebay did not sell and i requested info on the car but did not get any so im not bothered if they are not!!!

I would love to see yours in the flesh!! 24v eh!!! i had a scorpio 24v and it was awesome. Never seen one transplanted into a MK 2 though.

If you know of any club members showing or selling a minter let me know. I was not aware Peter snow had handed over the club to Mohammed Shafi. I know him well. Nice bloke but i think he was more interested in selling his merchandice than running a club about the cars.

It was a sad day when Peter Gupwel died as he founded and ran the original club.

Regards, Brendan

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:45 pm

All Granadas together will be at Wicksteed park in Kettering, Northants, you can get their address on their web site, if you do go you will get to see my car in the flesh and plenty of others too Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New member saying hello Empty Re: all Granada's togeather 2010

Post  Brendan Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 am

I dont suppose you have any complimentary entry tickets for myself and my partner to attend please???

Would be greatly appreciated if you have. Kind regards, Brendan

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 am

You don't need tickets, just turn up, you may be asked for money towards the use of the site but that's it, you don't even have to be in a club, this event used to be held at Billing aquadrome but was moved due to cost and poor facilities, a different club organises this each year, this year it is being run by the mk1 and 2 Drivers Guild Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New member saying hello Empty Re: All Granada's togeather

Post  Brendan Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 am

Thanks for that info. I will look forward to coming along. I too used to attend the Billing show for many years when i was into my Granada's so i know the area well.

It would be nice to see my old RS if she is still around or indeed alive!!!! i should think so as she was concours and i sold it to a club member from Colchester only due to ill health reasons. I was gutted.

Maybe there will be someone there who wants to sell their MINT 2.8i Ghia X Executive saloon????

Hope to see you all there on the Sunday 19th Sept.

Regards, Brendan. Swindon.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down